A quick online search on “model management” will bring up 100+ pages of results, but after you sort out the ones that are about mathematical models, software coding and/or other data modeling, you’re still left with a lot of companies offering software and services that claim to be doing model management.
If you search instead on “model management software” it cuts down the results a little, but not much (-10%?). However, the top search results using these words are the ones we really want to focus on and sort out our differences with…in other words, we want to differentiate our “model management software” solution from theirs!
Disclaimer: We are not experts in all (6-8 of ’em, as far as we could tell) the systems and software out there that claim to do “model management”, so there may be a margin of error or a few outright mistakes in our conclusions. However, after years in and around the model/agency business, a few chats with industry buddies, and some pretty thorough online research we are pretty sure each conclusion here will qualify (at worst) as a “best guess” rather than a “W.A.G.” (if you don’t know what a W.A.G. is, you can Google it…).
In any case, we present this information honestly, based on our best understanding, from a little bit of research…
What THEY do (as far as we can tell) is the “Front-Office”
- Model Profile/Record Management (sales – details, stats, etc.)
- Portfolio & Image Management (online & print)
- Booking (sales – the money-making engine!)
- Web Site (sales & marketing) and Content Management
- And other stuff at the front-end of the model management business and process…
What WE do (AgencyMGR) is the “Back-Office”
- Process Confirmed Bookings & Financial Transactions
- Model Profile with Legal/Financial/Tax Details
- Alerts on Visa Expiration/Renewal
- Contract Management, Alerts & Renewals
- Payments to Model & Mother Agency
- Payments to Talent, etc.
- Charge Expenses to Model Accounts
- Accounts Receivable, Client Billing & Collections
- Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders & Vendor Payments
- Bank/Cash Management (integration)
- General Ledger (G/L) Accounting (integration)
- Model 1042/1099 Processing & Reporting
- Tax Management, Filing & Reporting
- Financial Statements (reporting – integration)
So, as you can see, they do what they do, and we do what they don’t do. Or, we do what we do and they don’t. Know what I mean? 🙂
In other words, the “front-office” model management solution is the business/sales and marketing engine, while the back-office AgencyMGR solution is where owners, business managers, accountants, lawyers and occasionally the IRS (or other tax authority) will come to for clear, detailed account information on how the business is doing…
And I can tell you we do what we do really, really well! AgencyMGR is proven, stable, fast, functional, audit-ready, transparent, and integrated to world-class, localized (country-specific) accounting!
NOTE: if any readers of this post work for, or are familiar with one or more of the “front-office” model management software solutions out there, and can identify one or more errors and/or omissions herein, please let me know! Or please comment on this article, so all readers can see it…
Thanks for checking out this blog post – spread the word about AgencyMGR!